The support of friends in the community makes our work possible. Your donations:
- Help shelter and foster pets stay comfortable in their surroundings
- Help CHS maximize its budget to further benefit the pets and people we serve
- Help the clients of our pet food pantry keep their pets at home and out of shelters
Donations of supplies are as important as financial gifts. Please donate now to help the pets!
Visit one of the shelter locations to make your gift or learn about organizing a supply drive.
The Connecticut Humane Society is in need of...
- Clay litter ***CHS is urgently in need of this item.***
- Peanut butter
- Cat, dog and small animal toys (we especially need cat toys!) ***CHS is unable to accept catnip toys.***
- Kong toys (any size appreciated for both cats and dogs)
- Snuggle Safe microwave heat disks
- New or gently used towels, blankets, bedding (must be machine washable)
- New litter boxes
- Cat scratchers by STRETCH AND SCRATCH
- CareFresh or recycled newspaper bedding for small animals
- Paper towels
- Yesterday's News litter
- Large garbage bags, (heavy duty only, 55 gal.)
- Reusable grocery bags
- Slow feeder bowls
- Kitten bottles
- Ballpoint pens
- Kitten food (especially canned Royal Canin and canned Friskies)
- Busy bones
- Denta Stix
- Soft training treats (Zuke's are recommended)
- Small animal toys (for mice, hamsters, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.)
- Clorox wipes
- Friskies canned food
The Connecticut Humane Society would like to thank all of its generous supporters.
The Fox Memorial Clinic is in need of...
- Large dog beds for recovering animals
- Bath towels
- New nylon or cloth leashes
- Garbage bags
- Paper towels
- Dryer sheets
- HE laundry detergent in liquid or powder
(Purex, Xtra or Arm & Hammer only please)
Donations can be delivered to the following address:
Fox Memorial Clinic
701B Russell Road
Newington, CT 06111
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Wednesday: 9:30 am - 5 pm
The Connecticut Humane Society Pet Food Pantry is in need of...
Unopened and unexpired donations of the following types of pet food:
- Adult dog food, canned or dry
- Adult cat food, canned or dry
- Dog treats
- Cat treats
- Bird food for domestic, companion birds
- Oxbow Guinea pig and rabbit food
The most common food needed is:
- Fancy Feast
- Hill's Science Diet
- Blue Buffalo
- Natural/holistic brands
- Grain-free dog food for pets with dietary restrictions
CHS is not able to accept:
- Open or ripped bags
- Expired food
- Bags weighing over 40 lbs.
- Rawhide bones
Thanks to the generosity of the community, the pantry is currently well-stocked with kitten and puppy food.
Donations can be delivered to any of the Connecticut Humane Society locations.
Business hours are as follows:
Sun. - Tues. & Thurs. - Sat. 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesday 12 pm - 5:30 pm